Cooper Management Consulting
Executive Leadership and Team Development Coach
Wendy Wu is an organizational coach and facilitator specialized in talent leadership development, teaming, and culture transformation. Through systematic intervention on individual, team, and organizational levels, Wendy helps clients from various disciplines and backgrounds to become more impactful leaders and better performing teams.
Passionate about unleashing human potential in organizations, Wendy sees herself as a learning partner, serving her clients with humility and compassion. She brings a combination of coaching skills, OD insights, and change catalyst experience in multicultural environment, refreshed by a set of frontier leadership views such as Theory U, Systematic Leadership, and Neuro-leadership.
Prior to becoming a full-time coach, Wendy spent over 20 years in marketing and business management. She was an executive at
Ecolab, with P/L responsibility across Asia Pacific, and a marketing leader, with global scope, at Philips. Wendy’s earlier career also
included founding a boutique consulting firm in Silicon Valley and pioneering into the North American market with Chinese TV maker the
• Served as system coach for a fast-growing internet company through its 18-month organizational transformation.
• OD consultant and leadership trainer/ coach for a Shanghai-based MNC through their initial 12-month term of post-M&A transition.
• Orchestrated culture transformation for the China organization of a world-leading exhibition service provider.
• Beyond cooperate clients, Wendy also serves as coach and mentor for non-profit organizations such as Inspiring Sunshine Foundation and Teach For China.
• Coached a newly promoted female business leader to transform from a star-performer to an all-around general manager.
• Coached a pair of cross-functional team leaders to resolve their conflict, align way of working and build trust.
• Coached an expat CFO from the US to better integrate into the local team (peers & his own team)
• Coached a senior executive of a complex supply chain function on stakeholder management, conflict resolution and developing his team.
• Coached a young female team leader to better manage her emotions, and more effective in solving confrontational situations. Education and Professional Affiliations
• Professional Certified Coach – PCC (International Coach Federation – ICF)
• Certified Organizational Coach and Team Coach (IECL)
• Certified in Harrison Assessment (Individuals and Teams)
• MBA from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
• Bachelor of Arts, English from Tsinghua University